Findings from the 2017 Audience Research Project confirm the overwhelming majority of attenders are repeat visitors and nearly 9 out of 10 are Welsh speakers.
The National Eisteddfod worked with the Cardiff University Festivals Research Group during 2017 to discover more about visitors and how to deliver their needs and aspirations.
• 70% of respondents planned their visit at least three months in advance, meaning that The Eisteddfod could engage with almost three quarters of visitors prior to the festival itself
• 93% of respondents were satisfied with the quality of events and competitions at the festival, and the same percentage were satisfied with the atmosphere at the event
• 96% of respondents felt it was likely they would visit the Eisteddfod again in the future
• 94% of respondents had visited the Eisteddfod before (this varies from year year based on the festival’s location, and we expect the figures to be very different in 2018)
• In 2017, 87% of respondents were Welsh speakers,but this again varies from year to year based on the festival’s location
• 69% felt inspired by the festival